Countdown till my surgery date

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Braced and ready

So when I met with my orthodontist he wasn't kidding about getting started right away! He scheduled me a week later to get both my top and bottom braces put on. It took 40 minutes to put them all on! But it felt more like 2 hours. But he was a sweetie and gave me ceramic for the top 6 brackets :)
Photos:
Dreaded side profile:
 Closeup:

They were taken from my labtop like 5 min. ago. Hence, the poor quality. That is my bite btw. My teeth touch in exactly one place. My next ortho. appt. is in 4 weeks. 

BAD NEWS:
My lower canines have a recessed gum line from genetics. I need to get some type of gum surgery. My friend had a gum transplant and told me it was worst than childbirth. But then my ortho is telling me it's like getting a tooth extracted at worse. Lies! All lies! So now I need yet another surgery :)

P.s. those weird white dots on my collarbones are dermal implants not a whitehead 

5 comments:

  1. soon u will be over all this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meesh, even though my whole journey is coming to an end, I cannot wait to follow you along yours! Congrats on finally getting your braces on. When I read your blog post on having to wait for a while until you finished growing, I was so bummed. I was first told I needed surgery when I was 16, and I had to wait nearly 3 years before they'd finally let me have the surgery (I waited another 2 on my own). I am so happy you are finally on your way! Your teeth are SO straight already, you're process is going to fly by! Good luck :) xx

    Btw, I love the dermal implants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooooooo!!so happy for you:) they really suit you! So glad it's all started to get going for you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I found your blog, you look great with your braces! So jealous of your ceramic braces... they're hardly noticable. I am 18 days away from surgery and just started my blog, so feel free to check it out!

    xoxo
    Elizabeth

    http://prettylittlejawlines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete