Countdown till my surgery date

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just some background info...

Hello!
My name's Meesh and I have a class III malocclusion. The funny thing is that I NEVER had one until this summer! I went to my dentist for a cleaning and he told me I need to go back to my ortho (NOTE: I said back!) Apparently I had a growth spurt at the ripe age of 18. My lower jaw grew larger than my upper jaw. So my perfect bite changed :(  and here I am!

My former bite (i miss it but i don't miss that hair ick!): 

I had braces for approx. 4 years during middle school and the beginning of high school. I needed braces for my crossbite and SEVERE overcrowding. During my treatment, they extracted 4 teeth (two on bottom and two on top) because my teeth were just too big for my mouth!

My case type:

Aesthetically speaking, no one notices my underbite. I didn't even notice until my dentist pointed it out! But my left jaw is starting to pop and cause pain and my ortho told me to do it now before my parent's insurance kicks me out.

The plan is 6 months w/ braces then surgery in the summer and then 6 months more w/ braces. The first step in my treatment is my wisdom teeth extraction! The set date is Dec. 21, 2010.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of braces and orthognathic surgery, Meesh! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome and hello! that's so awesome you only have to wear braces for 6 months before surgery and 6 months after!!! Good luck with your journey Meesh and I look forward to following your blog!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome Tara! Yea I'm grateful that its only a year but my orthodontist told me it could've been shorter if I just wore my retainer.

    ReplyDelete